VIPER 3Replacing the successful Viper 2 the Viper 3 features several major improvements and innovations including the patented Ozone Shark Nose Technology, a newly designed riser system with ball bearing pulleys and a new wing tip steering system.
The Viper 3 is a classic competition wing designed for advanced pilots only. The new high-performance Shark Nose profile is the most efficient profile we have used in PPG design to date. In a series of competition wins in 2014, Ozone Team Pilot, Alex Mateos, proved the efficiency of this new wing by dominating the economy tasks.
Thanks to its 3-line design, unsheathed lines, and new profile, the Viper 3 is highly efficient. In thermal conditions its behavior is similar to a paragliding wing, with very good climb and glide performance and with progressive and intuitive handling that transmits moderate feedback to the pilot.
Although this new wing is surprisingly efficient, it is also very fast. The Viper 3’s speed is easily accessible and it is not necessary to overpower the wing with a large engine to maintain level flight – the Viper 3 maintains excellent glide performance even in its most accelerated configurations. The newly designed risers feature high quality ball bearing pulleys on the B risers for a super smooth and light accelerator pressure.
Viper and Viper 2 pilots will notice that the Viper 3 is tuned for performance flying more so than freestyle flying. While its handling is natural and it carves in an intuitive fashion, the Viper 3 is not a freestyle or slalom wing, its core mission is performance flying. It is a high aspect ratio design aimed at highly experienced PPG pilots who are looking for a wing with high efficiency, the ability to climb easily in lifting air and great XC performance. It is not suitable for training or for intermediate pilots. It is recommended to fly the Viper 3 using a harness with low hang points, to allow weight shift and active piloting. Experienced PG pilots who are looking for a more advanced crossover wing will also enjoy the Viper 3.
The Viper 3’s new tip steering system is simple, clean and comfortable to use. The mini-toggles have been replaced with a flexible plastic tube set between two balls. When engaged, the TST line moves freely inside the tube yet remains affixed to the risers, so the system has less clutter than previous versions and there are no free ends that can become entangled. The new system is more efficient in accelerated configurations and is better suited to precision piloting than any other system we have previously used.
THE VIPER SERIES PEDIGREE:
- 2005 - World Champion, Mathieu Rouanet
- 2006 - European Champion, Mathieu Rouanet
- 2007 - Vice World Champion, Mathieu Rouanet
- 2009 - World Air Games 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, Mathieu Rouanet, Laurent Salinas, Alex Mateos
- 2006 – 2009 French Champion, Mathieu Rouanet
- 2010, 2012 - 2014 French Champion, Alex Mateos
- 2012 - Vice World Champion, Alex Mateos
- 2013 – Vice World Slalom Champion, Alex Mateos
- 2014 - UK Championships 1st place, Alex Mateos, Viper 3 20
- 2014 - French Championships 1st place, Alex Mateos, Viper 3 20
- 2014 - WORLD CHAMPION, Alex Mateos, VIPER 3 20
- And many more National Championships, free style and precision competition like Fly Games, Parabatix, El Yelmo free style festival.